Bridges McRae will face a new jury on July 12, 2010 after jurors in his first trial could not reach a verdict. Eleven jurors thought he was guilty. One juror believed he was innocent.
McRae is accused of violating Duanna Johnson’s civil rights.
Cross-posted at Questioning Transphobia
Previous, related posts on this blog:
- Duanna Johnson: mistrial declared in civil rights trial (April 20, 2010)
- Duanna Johnson civil rights trial update (April 14, 2010)
- Duanna Johnson’s Funeral–DONATIONS NEEDED (November 13, 2008)
- Duanna Johnson shot dead (November 11, 2008)
- If at first you don’t succeed…? (July 28, 2008)
- Race, gender identity, the justice system and the beating of Duanna Johnson (June 27, 2008)
- Transphobic violence: the video (June 20, 2008)