- So this week I’ve still not felt much like blogging
- because the trans related news stories and blog commentaries still seem overwhelmingly filled with (increasingly heated) speculation about the IAAF.
- And really, what’s the point in getting that irate about still-unconfirmed rumours? Give it a week and the results and punishment will be public and maybe then there really will be something to be indignant about – but maybe y’all just have an unlimited capacity for anger.
- because everywhere else I look in Blogdonia, it seems people are just laying into each other, dusk til dawn, 24/7. The ad hominem attacks continue, each one more noxious than the last. I see people I like and respect ripping the heads off other people I like and respect. I see this little gang savaging that little gang, and while they’re all busy chopping each other into dogmeat, another gang’s piling on to the first two. And so on.
- And I despair. We have bigger enemies – shared enemies – but hey, let’s just beat each other up some more, shall we? Oy! What’re you looking at? Did you spill my beer? Are you breathing my air? And so on.
- because I think my perspectives are changing. I still feel very low about the bust-up with my (ex-)family, I’m really struggling to deal with it; and then all the violence, hatred and fighting I mentioned up there – like watching a classroom full of sociopathic five-year-olds arguing over who gets to pull the wings off a butterfly – leaves me wondering why I stick around.
- And I mean, really. Do you know what you look like? What you sound like? “Second toughest in the infants”, indeed.
- well, I just don’t even have the energy to run a Google image search and fire up Potatoshop.
- But this video is such a perfect microcosm of what everyone in Blogdonia seems to be doing to everyone else, so I hope it’ll be an acceptable substitute for the lack of cakey kittehs.
Pfft. My spirit’s weary and I’m tired. I’m going to bed. Try and keep the shouting down, eh? – Oh, and for fuck’s sake mop up the blood and put the severed limbs in the bin when you’ve finished please.