Via the TGEU listserv:
The United Nations review every member state on the state of their human rights every four years or so. During the next review Italy, San Marino, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina (amongst other non-European countries) are under review. Please get in touch with John Fisher (email@example.com) and tell him about the issues that trans people face in your country. You don’t have to write something long, a short e-mail is enough.
Issues you might want to address are:
- legislation on how to change your name/gender: are medical treatments/surgery/sterilization/divorce or other things required? Is a name change/gender change possible at all?
- anti-discrimination: are trans people protected from discrimination by the law?
- violence: do trans people face a lot of violence?
- healthcare: are surgeries/hormone treatment covered for all trans people who need it?
- asylum: can trans people get asylum on the basis of being trans?
- any other issues that trans people face
Remember: the deadline is SEPTEMBER 8!